Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic plumbing

Since the beginning of time, or at least ever since running water was
introduced into homes we have used metallic pipes which lasted many
many years without problems. In the beginning of the 21st century
(when technology should be superior), crooks wanting to make a fortune
selling "snake oil" plastics have decided that plastic is to be used
for water pipes. Now we can all experience yearly flooding and home
damage and let the insurance companies raise our rates. My educated
opinion tells me to use metallic pipe, or do not have indoor plumbing.
Plastics should be left to the garden hose that lays on the lawn and
springs a leak on a yearly basis, which will make the lawn happy and
not raise insurance rates for anyone.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:40:20 GMT, "Al"
wrote:

If it's poly butylene(spelling?) good luck! I have that in a rental MH at
least once every year it springs a leak! If it's Pex(spelling again?) pipe
that seems like OK stuff. I rented a crimper but hose clamps work well too.
"John Lynch" wrote in message
. ..
I bought the doublewide next door to rent out. I want to move the water
heater to the basement so I'll have more closet space upstairs. The piping
is all flexible plastic, with steel bands keeping the connections together.
These are crimped with a special too. I've never dealt with this kind of
plumbing. I'd realy appreciate any help.

John