Default Supporting 4 glass corner shelves on a wall

In uk.d-i-y, Chris Spyrou wrote:

I've uploaded another design [top middle] with various bracket styles
http://www.numero.co.uk/misc/loungetv2.gif

Supporting at the wall edges only is what makes this design hard to
make practicable. You've explained that legs is right out. In the
which case... is there any chance you can let in steel (e.g. threaded
studding) into the walls on both corners? If you have solid walls, you
can use any number of fixings (such as sleeve anchors, or an epoxy fix
direct into the brickwork), with the steel being either studding (which
you can get cheap) or fancier gubbins (e.g. chromed wardrobe rail) - or
indeed both (studding for the structure, chromed or stainless tubing around
it, with an suitable covering - transparent heatshrink, say! - for the
glass (which can now be thinner, e.g. 6mm) to rest on.

If you have plasterboard walls, getting a good fix deep enough is going
to be (a lot) more of a hassle. If you're OK with the look of it, a couple
of Spur uprights (available in chrome if you want the hitech look) with
matching supports to hold your glass shelves would do the required
mechanical job rather nicely, and the uprights will be nicely secure by
the Usual heaver-duty platerboard fixings (either spring toggles, or those
rather nice hollow wall anchor things which Screwfix sell as partnum 11143
(at least that's the size I need for the thicker PB in my current house).
You can then rest the glass shelves on the brackets using A Suitable Method
- maybe cut a little bit of polycarbonate or vinyl-flooring-sample (yes,
I'm cheap ;-) to act as a load-spreader between the glass shelf and the
bracket.

Last silly idea - if you can't take the load from the front of the shelves
down through legs (TV in the way), and don't like the idea of brackets from
Spur-like shelving taking it into the wall, how about supporting them from
the top? Steel wire holding up the front 45-degree corners and going up
to the ceiling (ugh) or top of the wall (better) could look the biz...

HTH, Stefek