Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Plastic plumbing

Al wrote:
If it's poly butylene(spelling?) good luck! I have that in a rental MH at
least once every year it springs a leak! If it's Pex(spelling again?) pipe
that seems like OK stuff. I rented a crimper but hose clamps work well too.
"John Lynch" wrote in message
I bought the doublewide next door to rent out. I want to move the water
heater to the basement so I'll have more closet space upstairs. The piping
is all flexible plastic, with steel bands keeping the connections together.
These are crimped with a special too. I've never dealt with this kind of
plumbing. I'd realy appreciate any help.

John

I don't believe hose clamps are approved for PEX.
You need to use the bands or the special
connections made for PEX. PEX is becoming more
and more popular and I believe that some of the
earlier leakage problems with plastic plumbing
were with specific connectors that have been
discontinued.