Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Replaced Ice Maker How Long For It To Produce Ice?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
There should be water going into the tray immediately and if the
freezer is at normal temp, you should have ice in an hour or two.

You would think that, but now always true. I replaced mine and it did not
work. I was PO'd and it was getting late. I went to bed and the next
morning I found that the ice fairly delivered a bunch. No idea why, but
it took about 12 hours for it to start functioning.

Some ice makers do double duty as the timer for the defrost cycle and run on
a long schedual instead of on demand. Usually there is a hole to advance
the clock if it is this style and if you turn the knob inside you can cycle
through the paces. In any case it may have filled already and you are just
waiting for it to eject the ice. have you looked in the tray. If not maybe
you need to replace the solenoid as well.