Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Default slug problem in kitchen

bof wrote:
In message , Ian & Hilda Dedic
writes
Hi guys

I have a slug problem in the house, any ideas as to what the best
course of action is?

I've salted and removed the ones I can find, but can't see where
they're coming in from or what they're eating, I just see the trails
left.

by the numbers I'm finding I guess the little blighters are breeding,
so there will be eggs somewhere.

We seem to have cured what was a serious kitchen and washroom slug
problem by sealing all the entrances we could think of, this included
door frames to walls, brush strip to the door, pipe holes through the
walls, cracks between the floor slab and the wall, miscellaneous disused
holes, this is between the kitchen and the washroom and the kitchen and
the outside. I think this was a couple of years back, and we've been
slug free since then . . . until a couple of weeks back when some baby
slugs were spotted coming out of the butler sink overflow, that has been
filled with salt since then and no more spotted. They seem to come out
about 2300 to 2400 if you want to stay and see where they're coming
from. Good luck.

Yes, this is when spotted ours,I'll look again tonight, I do keep the
kitchen reasonably clean, and the copper tape sounds like something to
try too.

thanks everyone.

dedics

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-2, 20/06/2006
Tested on: 20/06/2006 18:15:42