Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.homepower
Derek Broughton

Default Solar water heating system..

Rod Speed wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote

It's not hard to generate enough hot water to
pay for a DHW system in reduced electric costs.

Dont believe it when its calculated properly.

Pay back for my system vs. electricity would be about 100 months.

Dont believe it, show the numbers.

Where are yours?

$30 MINIMUM per month for electric hot water heating at my home. $3000,
installed, for a complete solar DHW system.

Not great, but I know many systems running over
10 years with no capital additions, so it's workable.

Nope, not when its calculated properly.

Show me the numbers.

Since I'm not _on_ grid, and use propane
for hot water, payback is quicker.

Sure, thats why I said what I said about mains power.

No, you said it wasn't workable with mains power. I just said it's even
faster when off-grid.
--
derek