Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al D

Default Infinitely-adjustable angled joint for 1" (approx) metal tube?

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:22:27 +0100, "Ron Lowe"
wrote:

Or not even the floodlight housing itself - just use both sides of the
bracket.

Remove or hacksaw the arms off each side of the bracket, and assemble them
directly together, with the serrated surfaces facing each other.

We've got some big marine floodlights here with some beefy aluminium
brackets that would certainly fit the bill.

Good suggestion - thank you. However, my search is over! I got lucky
today in Lidl's I found and aluminium-handled broom with an adjustable
joint. The joint is made of plastic, but it does look extremely
strong, so I think it will be ideal.

Thanks again to all respondees.

Al D