Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default Too hard on myself?

Sun, Jun 18, 2006, 2:57am (EDT-3) (foggytown) doth
pondereth:
snip Question for the wreckers here who do pieces for customers. Are
you ever truly satisfied with your work to the point where you think it
will probably be rejected? Or am I overestimating the capacity of the
public to be critical of something they can't do to begin with?

Well, judging from the picture of that box, I can tell why your
stuf isn't selling. Some kind of blue mold or something in it. LOL

Judging from the quality of some of the stuff I've seen for sale,
and the hefty prices tacked on them, and actually sometimes selling, I'd
say just go ahead and sell your stuff - at a reasonable price - and just
keep on trying to improve it. I get people telling me how good some of
my stuff is, and it should really sell well - but they don't buy. The
quality of my work is certainly at least as good as most of the stuff
for sale out there, and a lot better than maybe 40-50% of what's out
there. So, I keep trying to improve what I make, changing the design,
etc. I feel good about my work, and don't let it bother me.
My problem is, I do NOT care for salespeople, at all, and have a
very hard time with the fact that I will have to "become" a salesperson
to sell my stuff. It's a moral issue, and I'll probably get over it. I
think what I need is someone who sells at a flea market to sell on
commission for me.

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal