Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default slug problem in kitchen

Ian & Hilda Dedic wrote:
Hi guys

I have a slug problem in the house, any ideas as to what the best
course of action is?

put up a sign saying 'no slugs'?

I've salted and removed the ones I can find, but can't see where
they're coming in from or what they're eating, I just see the trails
left.

Oh yeah, they'll do that.

by the numbers I'm finding I guess the little blighters are breeding,
so there will be eggs somewhere.

probably outside, it's unlikely they would lay eggs indoors....they are
using your house as a cefeteria.

Does this mean I've got somewhere damp where they hide?

possible though not likely, they usually come under the door, through cracks
or any tiny holes, and they don't need moisture to travel.

any suggestions (serious please! )

You are usually very kind and helpful here.

Fill in any small gaps with silicon sealant, put down slug pellets
(available from B&Q) and follow the trails of slime to find out their way
in, what they are seeking (obviously food, but don't imagine that they only
eat lettuce - the ones around here are partial to meat too) and remove it,
check under the sink or behind cupboards for a leaking pipe, any signs of
moisture will make life easier for them...

HTH