Martin

Default Mortice Locks

"fred" wrote in message ...
Don't forget
that insurance companies also usually require window locks on all

downstairs
windows and all windows accessible without the use of a ladder.

Incidentally, surely the insurer should notify you of these

requirements -
so far I've not read anything like this in my documentation etc.

Certainly
never read anything about window locks being required on any windows.

Not a city dweller then :-). I wouldn't be able to get cover without

BS3621
locks & window locks. My parents' rural property has no such requirement.
I think it will be writ large in the policy or schedule if required.

What do your insurers require re. using the locks. Only when you go out, or
everytime the window is not actually open?

--
Martin

[remove barrier to reply]