Andrew Gabriel

Default Mortice Locks

In article ,
Peter Parry writes:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:48:49 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Try and replace like for like John. Your insurance company will also like
to see at least a five lever mortice lock with a known brand name on it, eg,
Chubb, Yale, Cesa etc.

Your insurance company couldn't give a stuff about the name as long
as the lock meets BS3621.

Not having locks meeting BS3621 and not having window locks
only added £10 to my policy, but avoided exclusion clauses
requiring me to lock every window lock if I nip next door.
However, the main reason was I had to take out the policy
before I moved in to the house, so I couldn't check if all
the requirements were met at the time. They were, but as with
the alarm, I'm not taking the discount because I don't want
the acompanying exclusions to the insurance cover.

--
Andrew Gabriel