Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Infinitely-adjustable angled joint for 1" (approx) metal tube?

Al D wrote:
Suppose you had an aluminium garden rake handle and you wanted to make
an infinitely-adjustable angled joint half way along. Where can such a
joint be obtained cheaply, (preferably made of rust-proof metal -
ideally aluminium)? The joint should have a built-in screw or bolt for
tightening it at the set angle. Has anyone seen such an item for sale
lately?

Even if it is part of some tool or other equipment, it would be of
interest, if the tool can be bought fairly cheaply. (I can cut the
joint out and use it for my application). Those garden parasols come
to mind...

The joint has to be quite strong. Plastic would probably not be strong
or rigid enough.

Thanking you, hopefully...

Al D

There is something like that on my shower head - a ball joint is what
you want, although they only do about 45 degrees either side of straight.

Used in many places for many things..

Otherwise a pair of straight angle joints at 90 degrees will get you
universal movement..