Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Air Compressor Duty Cycle Question

Brent Hardy wrote:
I have a 5 gallon twin tank and although its a relativley small tank
it has a fast recharge time - about 15 seconds for it to go from when
it kicks on until it reaches just around 145PSI. In the manual it
states that the compressor has a 50% duty cycle. Am I understanding
this right to mean that if my compressor recharges for 15 sec then I
need to let it idle for a minimum of 15 seconds before it should be
kicking on again?

Thanks,

-Brent

More a matter of no more than 30 minutes run time per hour. Less on a
hot day and maybe more on a cold day.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit