Posted to rec.woodworking
Mort Stevens

Default Pancake Compressor Repair?

The best advice I've ever seen was this; "The vulnerable part of any
compressor pump is the valves. It's generally a good idea to buy a
valve and gasket kit when you buy the compressor. You'll need them
ten years in the future on Christmas Eve when the compressor dies just
before you need to apply the final coat of lacquer on the blanket chest
intended for your about-to-be-married granddaughter."

Mort

Swingman wrote:
Anyone had any luck repairing a Porter Cable pancake?

Sounds like the compressor/pump, as the motor runs, but more like a sewing
machine, and no air feeding the tank.

http://www.mastertoolrepair.com/panc...mp-p-1124.html

The parts, if they're indeed the correct ones, look pretty straightforward.

Just wondered if anyone had tried this and found it cost effective (I have
another AC, but I hate to just junk something that could be put back in
service for the kind of prices listed above)

Thanks in advance.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06