Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

Default Pancake Compressor Repair?

"Swingman" wrote in message
Anyone had any luck repairing a Porter Cable pancake?

Sounds like the compressor/pump, as the motor runs, but more like a sewing
machine, and no air feeding the tank.

http://www.mastertoolrepair.com/panc...mp-p-1124.html

The parts, if they're indeed the correct ones, look pretty
straightforward.

Just wondered if anyone had tried this and found it cost effective (I have
another AC, but I hate to just junk something that could be put back in
service for the kind of prices listed above)

Thanks in advance.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Not torn apart an oiless one (yet) but it appears you have nothing to loose
but some time to disassemble it and find out what parts are needed. When you
know that, then only you can judge if its cost effective or not. What's your
time worth versus just chucking it and getting a new one?

Bob S.