Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default Kitchen cabinet spraying info

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:43:25 -0500, "todd" wrote:

I'm about to venture into spraying a finish for the first time with some
maple kitchen cabinets. I purchased a conversion varnish (Oxford EM8000
from Target Coatings) as well as their Ultima Spray Lacquer (both
water-based). To warm it up a bit, I also bought some amber TransTint dye.
I gather the conversion varnish is meant as a sealer. I'm looking for
opinions on how many coats of each product to spray as well as which product
I should tint. I will, of course, be testing this out on some scrap before
turning myself loose on the cabinets. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Slightly different products, but the way I've seen and done it is 2
coats of sealer, sand down the rough bits with 320, spray the tint,
and then finish with 2 coats of top coat.