Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

Default Kitchen cabinet spraying info

Todd,

We spray a lot of acrylic clear coatings from various manufactures and
usually apply 4 - 5 coats. We have not used tint yet and would be interested
in your results.

Craig

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
I'm about to venture into spraying a finish for the first time with some
maple kitchen cabinets. I purchased a conversion varnish (Oxford EM8000
from Target Coatings) as well as their Ultima Spray Lacquer (both
water-based). To warm it up a bit, I also bought some amber TransTint
dye. I gather the conversion varnish is meant as a sealer. I'm looking
for opinions on how many coats of each product to spray as well as which
product I should tint. I will, of course, be testing this out on some
scrap before turning myself loose on the cabinets. Thanks in advance for
any assistance.

todd