Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Too hard on myself?

Question for the wreckers here who do pieces for customers. Are you
ever truly satisfied with your work to the point where you think it
will probably be rejected? Or am I overestimating the capacity of the
public to be critical of something they can't do to begin with?

Earlier this year I made a small coffee table to donate to a charity
auction.
When I assembled it, it simply wasn't square. If it was for myself or a
paying customer I would have remade it, but I wasn't going to remake
something I was giving away.

Three people bid it up to $500; evidently they didn't see it as out of
square.
So yeah, I think the craftsman is too hard on himself; but of course I
haven't seen your work.