Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Too hard on myself?

"foggytown" wrote in message
ups.com...

Question for the wreckers here who do pieces for customers. Are you
ever truly satisfied with your work to the point where you think it
will probably be rejected? Or am I overestimating the capacity of the
public to be critical of something they can't do to begin with?

FoggyTown

Well your work certainly looks nice enough. Why was I picturing a pine box
that was nailed together? :~)

With volume will come the skill to foresee and prevent mistakes before you
make them. Like any thing else, practice and repetition makes you faster
and more efficient.

And, yes, I think you are over estimating the publics expectations. I truly
believe that 95% of the people think Ikea is high end stuff. I have a
sister and brother-in-law that were in the furniture business for several
years selling "expensive" furniture. Their preferred style is that rustic
used diesel oil stained pine crap with rusty hinges and pulls imported from
Mexico.

I have seen very nice jewelry boxes similar to yours in jewelry stores that
were perfect as far as I was concerned but they started out at $800.00 and
went up from there.