Andy Dingley

Default Mortice Locks

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:38:05 +0100, Dave Plowman
wrote:

The Chubb uses weird keys. They're near impossible to have cut
(usually just one place in a big city) and even then the failure rate
on copies is high -

Isn't that a good feature? The idea of having a lock where the corner shop
can copy the key strikes me as rather daft...

I don't mind the weirdness. But when I traipsed all the way across
town to the official Chubb place, and then their freshly cut key
didn't work either, then it got a bit annoying.

If you have a competent Ford garage, they can cut them too. If they
realise they can, and they keep the blanks in stock - but the cutting
machine is the same as needed for Fords of a few years ago.

I've got a Chubb nightlatch on the front door with glass panels which is
one of the few made which conforms to the appropriate BS,

This one ?
http://www.lockshop-warehouse.co.uk/..._Chubb_17.html