Posted to rec.woodworking
malathan_A_T_comcast.net

Default Plywood - how to keep from warping and buying tips needed

I have several Home Depots near me as well as Lowes. Particularly the
Home Depots, which I visit more frequent, I am finding most of they
smaller sheet plywoods are warped. They store them on end standing
up. I was looking at 1/4" 2' x 4' boards and ALL of them were warped
(~20 boards). It this normal? Is standing them on end the prefered
way to store plywood or lumber in general? When I do this, and lean
the boards against the wall, within a few months I find the board
start bowing.

Sorry if my questions seem somewhat nieve, but I am just beginning in
woodworking and am still learning. Spent year slowling collecting
tools (had money for either tools or wood, not both). At point where
I finished a good solid workbench, have a good tablesaw (Ridgid 3650),
Mid-sized router with plunge base, Delta 13" planer, small dust
collector, ... Next purchase looking at is band saw. This is where
I am fighting the "what I need, what I want, and what I can afford"
scenario.

- Clayton