Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Beginners tips for plastic plumbing

"Ron Lowe" wrote in message
Hi,

I've done all my previous plumbing work in copper, and I'm perfectly happy
using end-feed, yorkshire and compression fittings.

Plastic pipe is fine. Use barrier pipe. It is the pushfit fittings that is
the problem. They give more problems than any other type of fitting by a
country mile. You can use good quality brass compression joints with plastic
pipe using the pipe inserts. They no more, if cheaper, than pushfit. Go
this way. Wrap the olive in PTFE as per makers.