Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pooh Bear

Default Fixed - was: Sony CPD-E530 monitor contrast going

lsmartino wrote:

Pooh Bear ha escrito:

Did you see my post 'problem fixed' ?

It's working ok still so far. The monitor's hugely better. I just had it @
1600x1200 for example and pin sharp but 1200x1024 looks more usable to me.

Graham

Please repost the fix, because the post never arrived to the forum.

Thanks.

I posted it as a new thread - but here it is again.........................

Just a followup to anyone interested.

I noticed in the link provided by Dani
http://www.short-media.com/forum/sho...=19549&page=16
that there was mention of using Sony's diagnostic software to setup the monitor
( apparently there are few presets available for adjustment )

This reminded me that when I picked up a older Sony E500 monitor from a computer

brokers a while back that they had mentioned using this. So I gave them a call
and asked how they fix E530s. When I mentioned contrast, the guy said there was
an item in the standard menu. I took a look and indeed under colour settings
there's an option called 'image restoration'. I selected it and lo and behold it

started recalibrating itself ! Result one monitor better than it was when I
first got it !

So the additional 21" Sony I got on ebay as a 'safety precaution' for £35 looks

like it's going to be part of a 2 monitor display setup now ! :-)

Graham