Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pella windows from Lowes?

al wrote:
j wrote:
Why wouldn't you just go directly to Pella? I went to pella.com, set
up an appointment, and a very nice sales person came to my house, with
sample windows, and gave me a thourough set of bids including each of
the options they offer.

Was your appointment with a factory rep or does Pella give the
information to a local retailer as a lead to contact the homeowner?

AB

She was a Pella Sales Rep, worked for Pella, card was a Pella card. I
don't have it with me to give her exact title, but she worked for a
Pella Window and Door Store.

http://www.pella.com/finder/descript...on=window-door

She seemed very knowledgeable, and was not pushy at all...very low
pressure. I honestly felt like she was more concerned with me getting
what I wanted rather than selling me the most expensive line of windows
Pella offered. FWIW, I really liked their fiberglass windows over
vinyl options I've seen, but I really don't know diddly about windows,
so that shouldn't be worht much.