Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Modrall

Default Pella windows from Lowes?

In article . com,
"j" wrote:

al wrote:
I'm going to be pricing replacement windows and wonder whether anyone
has had any experience with buying windows with installation (or any
other installation service for that matter) from Lowes and how it went.

I've seen lots of comments about HD purchases and installations of a
variety of things and there seems to be a fair amount of
dissatisfaction with the HD experience. But I haven't really seen any
comments one way or the other about Lowes.

I wonder how much oversight these companies have over the companies
they contract with to do the work and to what extent they get involved
in customer service issues should it become necessary.

Thanks.

Why wouldn't you just go directly to Pella? I went to pella.com, set
up an appointment, and a very nice sales person came to my house, with
sample windows, and gave me a thourough set of bids including each of
the options they offer.

If you are doing it for financing through Lowe's that's one thing. I
would let Lowe's offer you whatever "other" brand they carry, and maybe
leave the Pella windows to Pella.

I dunno.

If you really want Pella, I'd 2nd going to Pella. We did the same
thing, and at the time, at least, they had no payments/interest for a
year + 25% off on every order for life if you bought more than $10k
(which includes the installation).

The sales person we got has been very good.
-Mark