Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Running out of paint, any way to stretch it?

"Jason" wrote in message
oups.com...
After 2 days of painting my office, this is absolutely driving me
insane!

I had a gallon of paint mixed at Lowes, and figured that a gallon would
be enough to do 3 walls. Well, I didn't think that I would need 3
coats! It's called "Praline Cake," which is a brown/yellow color
(American Traditions, Historic series).

Well, it's all done except for the 3rd coat on the final wall, and a
few minor touch-ups in the corners. I have just enough paint left that
I might be able to fill the roller one more time, but I'm worried that
this won't be enough. What's worse is that if I go back for more, I
have to buy a full gallon ($20+), and there's no guarantee that it will
be a perfect match for the rest of the room.

So... any tips on stretching this last fraction of paint to make it
last for the entire wall?

I would remove part of the wall to make the room smaller.
You are kidding about this, aren't you?