Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grass growing

Goedjn wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:58:41 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On 15 Jun 2006 10:35:55 -0700, "z" wrote:

jIM wrote:

I plan on watering some each evening, seeing what grows, and if front
yard hits 3", I will cut, then reseed the bare spots. I base this on
suggestions above that grass doesn't grow well this time of year, so no
reason to put too much effort into the bare spots. Once Fall hits I
will add more seed and try to regrow the bare spots.

Daily watering is bad for the grass. My understanding is that a
throrough soaking every 4-7 days is far better than a light
sprinkling every day, or two days, as it encourages deeper roots.

Yes, for mature grass. The OP is trying to grow new grass. And that
needs to be watered at least once a day. Several times a day if it's
hot and sunny.