Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Very scared and frustrated

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:20:41 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:32:11 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

Lots of people use the term linoleum incorrectly and are referring to much
more popular floor covering containing asbestos.

Yes, I think the standard name around Baltimore is "vinyl linoleum".
It didnt' take me long to learn that the word linoleum there only
means that it comes in wide sheets, unlike vinyl tile that comes in
12" or 9" squares.

However I don't think vinyl anything contains asbestos anymore. When
did the OP's floor go in.

There used to be something called asbestos tile, and I'm pretty sure
that contained asbestos.

That's really easy to identify. If you have tile that looks like
vinyl, but it throws sparks when you try to drill through it with
a hole-saw, it's probably VAT.