Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Grass growing

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:58:41 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On 15 Jun 2006 10:35:55 -0700, "z" wrote:

jIM wrote:

I plan on watering some each evening, seeing what grows, and if front
yard hits 3", I will cut, then reseed the bare spots. I base this on
suggestions above that grass doesn't grow well this time of year, so no
reason to put too much effort into the bare spots. Once Fall hits I
will add more seed and try to regrow the bare spots.

Daily watering is bad for the grass. My understanding is that a
throrough soaking every 4-7 days is far better than a light
sprinkling every day, or two days, as it encourages deeper roots.