fred

Default Mortice Locks

In article , David Hearn dave@NoSpam
SwampieSpammer.Org.Uk writes
I would also recommend mortice bolts to be fitted at the top and bottom

the
back door. Bear in mind though that whatever precautions you take, a
determined thief can be inside your house in less than one minute if he so
chooses. However, with BS3621 locks, you will be able to claim on your
house insurance (and the best of luck if you ever need to). Don't forget
that insurance companies also usually require window locks on all

downstairs
windows and all windows accessible without the use of a ladder.

Incidentally, surely the insurer should notify you of these requirements -
so far I've not read anything like this in my documentation etc. Certainly
never read anything about window locks being required on any windows.

Not a city dweller then :-). I wouldn't be able to get cover without BS3621
locks & window locks. My parents' rural property has no such requirement.
I think it will be writ large in the policy or schedule if required.
--
fred