Posted to alt.home.repair
CAS

Default Very scared and frustrated

uz wrote:
Art thanks for your reassuring reply. We got the duct work changed as
soon as we found out and got an asbestos abatement company to do it.
They even did air samples after the duct work was taken out and it was
found at .002/cubic or something which was considered as equivalent to
ambient air levels which i believe is normal in the air. Anyway thanks
again for your reassuring reply.

If they tested a few locations in the house (not just the work area),
there's your answer. You don't have an asbestos problem in your house.
The test I'm thinking of involves a leaf blower and air sample
collection. It stirs up any dust. If they did something radically
different, maybe you can describe it?

The suggestions to paint and tile aren't helpful here. They might make
sense if you were trying to cover/encapsulate materials containing
asbestos, but they don't make sense since what you're worrying about is
asbestos particles that may be loose in your house.

Dust removal is a good idea. Wet mopping, dusting with a damp cloth,
etc, all remove dust, including any possible asbestos particles that
might have settled. Vacuuming stirs up dust (especially without a HEPA
filter, but even with one to some extent) and is not a good idea if
you're trying to reduce an asbestos contamination problem. Since the
abatement company didn't detect anything above ambient, I don't see any
problem with cleaning your house however you want, including vacuuming.