Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

Default HSE review of the Domestic Gas Safety Regulatory Framework

On 16 Jun 2006 02:11:44 -0700 Aidan wrote :
I suspect pressure groups with a vested interest may be campaigning
for a complete ban on DIY gas work or the sale of gas appliances to
non-CORGI registered people or companies.

The impression I get is that CORGI members believe in it whilst also
hating it for its empire-building tendencies. The latest PHAM News has as
its main story that NAPIT (National Association of Professional
Inspectors and Testers) is applying to HSE to become an alternative body
for gas safety and one of its non-execs is a former CORGI CEO.

The MD of CORGI says "it is highly likely that multiple schemes will
result in an increase in deaths from CO poisoning". MRD again