Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default HSE review of the Domestic Gas Safety Regulatory Framework

Aidan wrote:
The HSE is conducting a review of the domestic gas safety regulatory
framework.

Details here;

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/progress.htm

They have appointed consultants to carry out the review and a
questionnaire is available for "stakeholders" (???) to submit their
views.

If you'd like to make your opinions known, the questionnaire is
available here;
http://www.frontline-consultants.com/

You need to click on the 'Review of Domestic Gas Safety Regulatory
Framework' button at the bottom of the page.

Completed questionnaires must be returned by Friday 30th June 2006 at
the latest.

I suspect pressure groups with a vested interest may be campaigning
for a complete ban on DIY gas work or the sale of gas appliances to
non-CORGI registered people or companies.

One question is; "Does 'DIY' gas installation represent a threat
to domestic gas safety?"

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't care. I'm aaf to do me 50 jobs for ACS and get CORGI'd up anyway ;-)