Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

Default Bag of cement weight/size?

In article , Autolycus
writes

"charlieB" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is 7 half bags enough for the 2 cubic metres of concrete I specified?

2 cubic metres of concrete is nearly 5 tonnes in weight:
You'd need about 3 times that much cement

Have you looked at getting it delivered by a "mix on site" truck -
would be a lots quicker for foundations than mucking about with a
small
mixer

Have you actually used one of these firms? Have a look at the thread I
started called "Mixed-on-site concrete - a warning" (April 2006) to see
why I I'll never use this sort of outfit again.

That was an appalling story Kev, at the time I got the impression it was an
open drum mixer hung off the back of a lorry, manually loaded so subject
to all sorts of operator screw ups - accidental or otherwise. Was that the
case?

My limited experience of site mixed concrete has been of a huge truck
with sealed component compartments, a sealed auger at the back and
little for the operator to screw up, a lever controls the strength of the mix
but other than that it looked pretty foolproof. Maybe this type would be
more reliable, it certainly worked well for me. Alternatively if your outfit was
using one of these, I don't know what to think.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla