Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Very scared and frustrated

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:50:19 GMT, DK wrote:

I'd cover every surface with new paint, tile or whatever. I'd wash

I wouldn't paint or tile. I would wash off the surfaces, or dust with
a damp rag or something that would use static to hold the dust in
place. I might wear an asbestos effective dust mask when doing this,
and send the kid somewhere else. Then I'd open the windows, put input
and output fans in them, at opposite ends of the house, and vent the
house while I went shopping, or to work. It will float around, little
will find anyone else because there is almost none left in the house
alreadyd, and be washed into the ground by the rain.

all clothes and I'd dry clean those that can't be washed. I'd buy a
good hepa filter - about $400.

I wonder if a toy microscope is enough to examine a filter and see if
there is any asbestos on it. If not, maybe one could borrow a
microcope or buy one at a pawn shop, and sell it for not much loss.
But I don't think this is necessary at all. Just for the compulsive or
curious.

Then, I'd relax and enjoy what little life I may have left.