Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Few very basic Electrical questions

"Colbyt" wrote in message

4. 20 amp circuits by code require 20 amp devices. There really is no
defined limit to the number of devices. The 15 amp ones will most likely
work fine and be safe but they are not "to code". Would I use them? Yes
because in normal usage you are never going to pull 20 amps.

I might add that you should check your "local" code as well. Mine for
instance limits the number
of devices (a receptacle being one device) on a single circuit to 10. As
well, 15A receptacles on a 20 A circuit are allowed by the NEC but
for the small difference in price, I'd just install the 20A recepts.
Cheers,
cc