Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Banty

Default Replacement Windows

In article , Moisés Nacio says...

"Caledonia" wrote in message

My neighbor replaced her 4 Newpro windows for leaking after ~4 years.
Other contractors have mentioned that those (Newpro) aren't so great.

Never heard of them. You've pointed out the exact reason, to stick with a
well known brand.

Wow -- I have learned something new today. I've only seen vinyl windows
with white muntins, and had believed that it wasn't possible to get the
black (or dark green clad) vinyl windows due to heat issues. (Most
windows in my area are the divided light (12 over 12) style --
typically painted black or dark green on the house's exterior, and
painted to match the room trim on the interior.) Out of curiosity, who
makes vinyl windows clad in 'historic' dark colors for the exterior,
with paintable interiors?

When you deal with a reputable window manufacture, you can get windows
configured just about anyway you can dream up. The mutins are between the
panes. You can order vinyl in shades of brown, green, white, with the
interior done in different shades of laminate.

As far as a paintable vinyl, paint manufacturers such as S/W & B/M, both
produce paint with properties which will adhere to just about any surface
imaginable, with proper prep and primer. Which is the same way you would
paint wood windows.

Out of curiosity, who makes wood windows clad in 'historic' dark colors?

Marvin.

http://www.marvin.com/default.aspx?p..._Hung.exterior

Banty