Gunner

Default OT-Blond Joke

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:20:02 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:

And as Im sure a homebound wank like yourself

Thank God Almighty for that, thank God indeed.

already knows..Im a
traveling service tech, 65,000 miles a year,

Wow, that means, that if you drive on average 65 mph, no more than 8 hours a day
driving, you are on the road 125 days a year. Since many of your trips are most
likely not 520 away, that implies that you are n the road a great deal more than
125 days a year.

At Southern California freeway speeds, a 1 hour trip often takes 3
hours or more, depending on the time of the day. My service territory
stops at the western side of the Mississippi River, though most of my
clients are in Arizona and California. Its not uncommon for me to make
a service call, 50 miles away, and have it take 2 hours or more to get
there, an hour on site, and 2-3 hours returning..that pretty well
screws up a whole day for a 100 mile round trip and 1 hour of paid
service work. Though I do charge by the mile, and a very reduced
travel time, based on best case average.

I sure don't envy you. I'll take "homebound ******" any time, over that kind of
abuse.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

A man has to do what a man has to do. Shrug. My home is 142 miles
north of where I keep my lil 22' RV down in So.Cal, so I go down on
Monday or Tuesday (work depending), come home on Friday night, and
hang out at the homestead for 2-3 days. The drive up or down takes
between 2.5 hours and 5 hours, each way, depending on traffic, if its
a holiday etc, and involves traveling over the Grapevine each way.
104 times a year, for the last 8 or so years.

But there is no work where my homestead is, Im very good at what I do,
and I enjoy the work. Just hate the travel and the fact that all my
toys are up north. So I dont get a lot of evening time to work on my
machines at home and tend to spend the weekends in a mad rush to get
stuff done, stuff family related or homestead related. My list of
things that "I" want to do...is huge and getting farther behind every
week. During the week, when Im not too exhausted, I post on the net,
or go out and play pool/darts, or read. Shrug. Not fun, but there are
millions of folks in worse shape than I am, either they have no skills
or no job, or they have no home or hobby.

"I used to cry that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound
woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil?
Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence,
they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest
animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that,
and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make
it work.
- L. Neil Smith