Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Very scared and frustrated

For decades people didn't know a thing about asbestos and it was everywhere.
Almost all are still alive. Asbestos workers, particularly ones who smoked
and worked in clouds of asbestos dust, are the ones who had most of the
problems. If you did not sand the floor off you probably didn't cause much
of an issue. Who knows what was done in the house before you even moved in.
That should give you something to really worry about. We used to play with
mercury when I was a kid. Last week they closed a school and homes because
kids found mercury to play with. What about the homes me and my kid friends
used mercury in when we were kids. Shouldn't all homes be checked? I
would thoroughly vaccuum and if still worried, call in a company that checks
for asbestos contamination. But if you find it, when you go to sell, in
most states you have to report it. By the way, what about the rest of your
duct work. If the asbestos is flaking and in your ductwork, your air is
blowing by it right now.

"uz" wrote in message
oups.com...
We remodelled our bathroom (home built in 73) last year in june. There
was linoleum flooring in the bathroom about 24 square feet that was
removed as well as the ductwork that we cut a piece of that contained
asbestos. We didn't know at that time and therefore no precaution was
taken. After a month or so i found out that the the duct work contained
asbestos and the linoleum may also have so i had some professionals
come in and vacuum my house with a HEPA vacuum. I'm now so scared that
the asbestos may still be in my house, on my clothes in my closets, on
our beds etc. I have a two year old in the house and I'm scared to
death. I feel I have jeapordized his health. I'm literally obsessed by
these thoughts and can't think of anything else. My husband is totally
oblivious to this. Even last year when I got the house vacuumed he
thought i was over reacting to the situation. What should I do now? is
my house totally contaminated? I need help!!!!!!