Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Wiring a ceiling fan with light

Hi,

I've visited most of the ceiling fan questions and I cannot fix my
problem.

Here's what i am dealing with. I am trying to install a ceiling fan
with a light. My box has 3 wires(ground excluded). Black, red and
white. Now here is the confusing part. I have two switches. One
controls a ceiling light in a closet and the other one controls the box
where the ceiling fan is going to be installed.

I want to be able to swith the fan and it's light on with only one
switch. I want the other switch to turn on the light in the closet,
like it does now. I've tried almost everthing and I cannot seem to get
this to work. BTW, the fan does have a Blue wire for the light if you
were wondering.