Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bert Hyman

Default Replacement Windows

In (Todd H.) wrote:

Now these 12 year old piece of **** builder windows made of fast growth
pine, I'll be replacing with vinyl just as goddamn soon as I have the
money to do so. These things suck.

Careful; you may be saying the same thing about your vinyl windows in a
few years.

We have a bunch of 'em and the ones that are opened (and closed) a lot now
leak air; the plastic-on-plastic bearing surfaces apparently wear quite a
bit. The ones that don't get opened very often are still in good shape.

When we remodeled the kitchen, we got aluminum (exterior) clad wood
windows from Marvin. They've only been in 6 years, but so far, so good.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN