Posted to uk.d-i-y
West Stand Bowler

Default Rough guide to price for renewing roofing felt

"dog-man" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any roofers here who could etimate (very roughly) what I could expect
to pay to have the roofing felt on my average size 3 bed house roof
renewed?

Renew felt = remove roof covering = scaffolding.

Guesstimates; (concrete interlocking tiles )
Terraced circa £3500
Semi circa £4500
Detached circa £6000

The felt has become dry and brittle and is letting rain in. I have done
temporary repairs with filler foam as I was renewing the ceiling
plaster boards, so had access to it. No attic space in my house.

This usually only becomes an issue when surveyors get involved (buying,
selling house). Although the sarking felt does act as a second line of
defence, it's main purpose is insulation.
If you have leaks, look to the tiles / slates.

Hang on - No attic space ? Ceiling fixed to rafters ? Warm roof ?
--
WSB