Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Colbyt

Default Replacement Windows

"Carl" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking at getting replacement windows and wa contacted by Melani
Brothers. A company that installs windows, siding and decks. The
price they quoted me for 8 windows/installation is approx $8500. The
demo window they brought out to my house, created by SunriseWindows
seemed very high quality with no dead space with inthe frame or
construction. The window is laser fused and is not mechanicaly (screws
and bolts) constructed. They compared their window to a replacement
window purchased from Lowes or Home Depot in how it is constructed and
the overall quality, their window does seem far above what they tell me
about the competitors windows, but it is just that... what they tell
me.

Is $8500 a fair price for the windows and installation? Where would be
a good place to go for information about their quality and workmanship?
I have gone to BBB website and there were less than 10 complaints, all
of which were resolved in one way or another.

The windows are (2) 32x66 and (6) 32x52.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.
Carl

Last year the cost of a 32x70 DH vinyl here was $169.00. I am sure the cost
is somewhat higher now then it was a year ago BUT;

I think I would shop a little more if I were you.

Colbyt