Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Default Mental Whiplash

Dhakala wrote:

charlie b wrote:

After waving this thing around in the sparse
mini-cloud of small flies that gather in a beam
of sunlight outside the shop, I found that just
holding it still in the vicinity and letting the
flying insects fly into the electric grid was
most effective. Was tempted to try it on a
yellow jacket but my self preservation instinct
kicked in before I acted on that impulse. Yellow
jackets are nasty beasts and I figure the last
thing I need to deal with is an electrically irritated
bug.

Trust me: that bug zapping badminton racquet will fry a yellowjacket
instantly. I gave one to my son a few years ago.

I took it back around July 4, after he got the power button stuck "on,"
left the thing on the carpet, and somehow dropped a smoke bomb on it.
Big, smelly, charred, cloudy mess.

Is his name "Calvin" by any chance?

--
--John