Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper

Default Mental Whiplash

"CW" wrote in
link.net:

I doubt it was an arbitrary decision. The extractor port was likely
designed to fit existing accessories. As for why they didn't consider
imperial sizes, we are the only country in the world that uses it,
everyone else is metric. Contrary to popular belief (by Americans),
the world does not revolve around the US. It was probably not a
consideration.

Is it too much to ask, though, that in the US you speak the English
langauge and use the measurement system? I hate having to have two sets
of tools for bolts and nuts.

Puckdropper