Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Boettcher

Default Do air conditioner units need to be level?

On 12 Jun 2006 16:44:15 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a house that has settled a bit and my a/c units outside are not
level. I would say they are at 5-10 degrees from level. My
brother-in-law tells me I shoulod fix this. Is there any truth to
this? If so why?

Thanks.

If you are talking about an outside condensor unit for a split or a
packaged unit, check the bottom of the pan after a good rain and see
if water is collecting in any area. If so you should level it to make
sure that it drains off properly. If it is a packaged unit, make sure
you check and reseal the supply and return duct work after you level
the unit. You may break them loose.

Frank