Posted to alt.home.repair
jIM

Default Grass growing

PipeDown wrote:
"jIM" wrote in message
oups.com...
If a new construction house is seeded and strawed, how long before I
can predict those bald spots don't have seed? meaning I see bare spots
after 7-10 days, should I put down more seed, or have some patience?

Some weeds were on dirt when seed as put in. Thoughts on removing the
weeds? Do I risk killing the new grass planted close to the weeds?

Does straw disintegrate/ decompose or do I need to rake it? When do I
rake it?

Fir the weeds, don't use a herbacide yet, just rake them out or pull them
for now. Keep them under control until it is time to use a systemic weed
and feed product or at least long enough for the grass to establish before
using a broad spectrum herbacide.

what type of weed killer works with grass?

how soon should I fertilize the new lawn?