Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Patching Holes in Stucco

wrote:

After a home "improvement" project gone awry, I need to patch a few
3/4" holes drilled into my home's exterior stucco. After reading this
Usergroup, I see there is something known as stucco patch available at
Home Depot. Will 3/4" holes be too big to patch with this stuff? If
so, would the expanding foam/stucco patch route be the way to go?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

We used - DAP? - stucco patch on a number of dings and holes in the
stucco on our concrete block/stucco condo. Worked beautifully - latex,
plain or textured. If heavier texture is needed, you can let it set for
a little while and then dab at it with a bristle scrub brush. Play
around until you get the texture right. We had an old, rusted out fire
extinguisher box that we removed. It had a niche in the wall, but
bottom of niche was open tops of c.b. Slopped on stucco patch, laid on
concrete pavers, couple more coats of stucco patch and then painted.
Can't tell it was repaired, although it sounds like a nightmare job )