Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Do air conditioner units need to be level?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a house that has settled a bit and my a/c units outside are not
level. I would say they are at 5-10 degrees from level. My
brother-in-law tells me I shoulod fix this. Is there any truth to
this? If so why?

Can I assume they are window or through the wall units? There is a
condensate pan in them and the water is collected and goes to the fan that
will sling it onto the coil. This evaporates the water so it does not drip
and helps to cool the unit. A few degrees is not a big deal, but if you see
dripping, do something about it.