Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default GOOD toilet that flushes in ONE flush?

Ignoramus17503 wrote:
Our toilets do not flush very well. Meaning that it may take 2 or more
flushes to really flush the ****. The tanks properly fill and properly
release water, but it seems as though there is just not enough of
water to do the job right.

Obvious jokes aside, are there any toilets that flush very well (other
than commercial style toilets that seem to have vacuum). What is a
characteristic that we should look for? Tank volume?

thanks

In the old days just about any design would flush with all the water
they used. Today they are required to use less water. Not a bad idea.
However in order to work well, they need to be well designed. Look for a
trap size larger than 2 inches and a fully glazed trap. While there are a
number of other factors, you are not likely to find one that fits those two
things that does not flush well. The unglazed 1¾ traps don't do well.

You do not need to spend a lot of money. Many of the very expensive
models have poor mechanical designs, but they look fancy and that is what
tends to sell them.

You can also check out Consumer Reports and other rating sources.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit